Yep, started my trip the afternoon of April 18. I left the house, not without stalling out in my driveway of course. I had a late start due to a doctor's appointment and getting all of my laundry done. My plan was to leave and head to the Dunkirk VFD and then head to Kyle's house in Fairfax. Well, made it to Dunkirk, had a nice dinner with the girlfriend, but with the weather, I stayed at Dunkirk for the night. I figured it'd be a better idea to not deal with rain AND dark along the beltway. With events unfolding the next day, it was probably a good idea.
In all, I ended up packing enough to have a light load but having everything I needed to last a few days, but I would definitely have to do laundry along the way. We did some planning for the trip, but I think most of it was just going to be done by shooting from the hip. Let the wind carry us along and do whatever the heck we wanted. Well, we'd soon find out how all this went down.
No comments:
Post a Comment